On this page you will find useful resources about palliative care and about our work at Balsam.
- Click on this link if you want to know more about Mesothelioma
- Click on this link if you want to know more about the financial impact of depression and grief
- Click on this link if you want to know more about the Pleural Mesothelioma Center
- Speak Up: What you need to know about your serious illness and palliative care
- This link take you directly to an article published in Lebanon about the past, present, and future of palliative care in Lebanon
- This link takes you to the stories section where patients share their stories with palliative care
- This is a website where you can enter drug names and check for possible interactions.
- Caring Connections provides people with information and support when they are planning ahead, caring for a loved one, living with an illness or grieving a loss.
- The Grieving Center web site is a video based Internet destination designed to provide continuously updated information on bereavement and hope.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) presents important information about cancer, its prevention, detection, and treatment in addition to palliative care.
- The American Cancer Society serves as a resource for patients and their caregivers as well as their healthcare providers to know more about several matters related to cancer and its management.
- Palliative Care Network provides a platform for Palliative Care Professionals to teach, interact, and exchange ideas with fellow colleagues in places around the world where the knowledge gap is wider than the technology gap.
- Film Guides for Carers: This series of films was produced by Marie Curie Cancer Care to give practical instructions to people caring for someone who is weak and bedridden. Short films on bathing a loved one in bed, moving them in bed and helping them get comfortable provide helpful advice that is easy to follow. (From Marie Curie Cancer Care)
- Managing Symptoms: This website offers information on managing symptoms that are commonly seen in the last few weeks or months of life such as pain, loss of appetite and confusion. (From Cancer Help UK)
Balsam Annual Report 2013
Dignity Therapy Document of Dr Saeed Sayegh conducted by Dr. Michael Khoury
Palliative Care Network Lecture Series- Balsam's Presentation
Balsam's Report of Activities- Sept 2010 till December 2012
|Copyright © 2011 balsam all rights reserved | Web design and development by Polypod | Join us|